By Jim Wiese
Dive headfirst into the technological know-how in the back of sports----and arise a winner!
* have you puzzled if there's a mystery to preventing a football ball, why ice skates have steel blades, or how a ship can sail into the wind?
* do you want to benefit to stability like a gymnast, the right way to increase your free-throw skill, or how one can swim like a shark?
* Are you searching for interesting rules on your subsequent technological know-how reasonable project?
If you replied "Yes" to any of those questions, then activities technological know-how is for you! From basketball to cycling to skiing and extra, you'll realize the technology in the back of all of your favourite activities. Dozens of fun-filled actions assist you see for your self how a batter can hit a 90-mile-an-hour pitch, why a "spiral" is how one can throw a soccer, how the outside of a ball impacts its leap, and lots more and plenty, even more. all the initiatives are secure and simple to do, and all you would like is daily stuff from round the residence. So make the leap and prepare for activities technology enjoyable!
Read Online or Download Sports Science: 40 Goal-Scoring, High-Flying, Medal-Winning Experiments for Kids PDF
Similar nature books
During the last part 1000000000 years, there were 5 mass extinctions of lifestyles in the world. Scientists worldwide are at the moment tracking the 6th, expected to be the main devastating extinction occasion because the asteroid influence that burnt up the dinosaurs. Elizabeth Kolbert combines excellent box reporting, the heritage of principles and the paintings of geologists, botanists and marine biologists to inform the gripping tales of a dozen species - together with the Panamanian golden frog and the Sumatran rhino - a few already long gone, others on the aspect of vanishing.
"A quantity for a lifetime" is how the hot Yorker defined the 1st of Donald Culross Peatie's books approximately American bushes released within the Fifties. during this one-volume version, smooth readers are brought to 1 of the simplest nature writers of the final century. As we learn Peattie's eloquent and wonderful debts of yankee timber, we trap glimpses of our country's heritage and earlier lifestyle that no textbook may perhaps ever remove darkness from so vividly.
Aimed toward either the overall reader and the beginner naturalist, this advisor provides one hundred fifty of the easiest identified species of untamed plant life universal to Britain and Europe. each one species is defined intimately and is illustrated with a color portray. The advent includes recommendation on determining wild vegetation, the various households and a close key to flower species.
Scientists have lengthy suggested opposed to studying animal habit by way of human feelings, caution that such anthropomorphizing limits our skill to appreciate animals as they are surely. but what are we to make of a feminine gorilla in a German zoo who spent days mourning the dying of her child? Or a wild woman elephant who cared for a more youthful one after she used to be injured by means of a rambunctious teenage male?
- Walking Home: A Journey in the Alaskan Wilderness
- The Kingdom of Rarities
- Voyage of the Turtle: In Pursuit of the Earth's Last Dinosaur
- Tom Brown's Field Guide to Nature Observation and Tracking
- The Cloud Collector's Handbook
- The Big Marsh: The Story of a Lost Landscape
Extra resources for Sports Science: 40 Goal-Scoring, High-Flying, Medal-Winning Experiments for Kids
Tennis balls have fuzz on them to help the ball grip the surface better. This causes the ball to bounce rather than skid when it hits. The fuzz friction also increases the ability of a tennis player to direct the ball where she wants to hit it and to put spin on it. Tennis balls are to be covered with either wool or synthetic felt. Tennis is played on different surfaces, such as clay, grass, asphalt, or another synthetic material. Different kinds of tennis balls are designed especially for each surface.
Friction between the skate blades and the ice also creates heat, which also helps melt the ice. Once the skate blade moves off of that particular area of ice, the ice surface quickly refreezes. S PO RTS S C I E N C E T IN A CTI O N he sport of curling was recently added to the winter Olympics. Curling is sort of like playing marbles with big rocks on ice. One curler throws a large smooth granite stone so that it slides from one end of an ice surface toward a target at the other end. This lets the rock travel straighter and farther.
4. Again give the marble near the end a push. What happens when the two marbles collide? 5. Place the ﬁrst marble back near the end of the groove. This time place two marbles so they are touching each other near the center of the ruler. 6. Give the marble near the end a push. What happens when the marble collides with the two marbles near the center? qxd 4/17/02 9:05 AM Page 43 More Fun Stuff to Do Try adding more marbles near the center of the ruler. What happens when they are hit by the moving marble?